Sunday, October 18, 2009

Two inspiring preachers

I've wanted to know how to pray, for America, for the churches. I've felt weak in prayer. I've prayed for stronger faith, I've prayed for God's will to be my will. He's led me to scripture and He's led me to a couple of preachers I hadn't heard before.

I found a sermon by Keith Daniel, from South Africa, who makes it SO clear what Christians have to do to save America. If only we would do it. I'm encouraged in my own prayer by his talk but thousands of Christians are needed. He's right, if we all prayed for the nation as we should, we could turn things around so fast it would make your head spin. He says:
The only army that can save America is God's army on its knees.
The ONLY army. Armies of the flesh are useless in this spiritual battle.

He gives wonderfully encouraging examples of the prayer of faith in action, our noncarnal weapons pulling down the strongholds of the devil. Our weapons are "MIGHTY IN GOD," so where's our faith that we would resort to the weapons of the flesh instead?

At the page linked, scroll down past eleven or twelve sermons to A Warning to American Christianity -- you can listen to it or watch it. He gave this sermon during Bush's administration (refers to our President's being born again) so time's a-wastin', but better late than never.

Another inspiring preacher is Paul Washer. At his best he's inspiring the way Leonard Ravenhill was inspiring -- not surprising since he takes Ravenhill's preaching for a model.

He's about cleaning up the church, about reformation being necessary before God will bring revival. Keith Daniel also says we need to get right with God before we can pray with the power needed.

(10/18, moved here from Faith's Corner, there dated Oct 7th)

No comments: