Thursday, May 7, 2009

Seeking Him with all the heart

I don't know yet how to answer the questions I raised on the former post but I have come to the conclusion that in any case what is needed is that desperate seeking of the Lord that Tozer writes about:
God's medicine bottle holds a quite strong decoction, a large portion of willingness to return to sources, an absolutely non-compromising attitude towards the written Word of God and a desperation as to pursuing God as the sole object of worship and security.
And that scripture writes about, as seeking Him with all the heart, that diligent all-out seeking of Him:

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me and find me when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Joel 2:12
Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart and with fasting and with weeping and with mourning.
Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that dcometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

No comments: