Saturday, November 1, 2008

That's the verdict: True experience, fine aims, bad theology

I listened to the last of the three hour-long talks by Andrew Naselli about the Keswick movement this afternoon (at the bottom of the link list), and was pleasantly surprised to find him saying the same thing I just said in my last post. That is, the Keswickian experience is genuine and their aims are important, but their theology is wrong. Dedicated seeking for holiness is the important thing even if they have misconstrued how we arrive at holiness and mislead people in their attempts to formulate it.

He also said what I'd said, that they apparently have had the experience of a big step in growth and have simply not understood it rightly.

When people try to follow their advice they usually end in frustration, because the method is wrong. But those who read them for inspiration to live the holy life, as I do, can get a lot out of them.

Possibly that's all that has to be said about this subject and I can now close down this blog.

I doubt it. I'll just wait and see what comes up next.

2 comments:

snipper said...

hey please post in low level language as many of the viewers not able to get u.....
http://kcsekhar.co.cc/

Faith said...

I'm sorry, I'm afraid the way I write does require people to know something about what I'm talking about already, and I don't know how to change that. Perhaps if people are really interested we could discuss points of misunderstanding.